The ACCELERATOR project aims to help innovative SMEs, especially those in the early stages of development, where it is more difficult to gain access to the market due to the lack the necessary capital. The main objective of the project is to enhance access to financing for innovation and thereby improve institutional framework conditions and related policy tools through the development of practical solutions and accelerator services and to influence the strategy concerned at the level of partner regions and of the program within the project.
The aim of the participants is to concentrate on business support organizations that embed new and improved acceleration services and are linked to the international network of the Danube Region through these organizations. Secondly, the focus is on institutions with equity, within the regional innovation ecosystem.
The project arrived at the most exciting and spectacular stage of its implementation in September 2018. During the autumn, the Alba Accelerator training and mentoring program will be launched for the second time, providing tailor-made assistance to start-ups and SMEs in developing a solid business concept that participants can present to potential investors at the end of the program investors within the frame of an Investment Day. At the end of the acceleration process, they will have a business concept developed with the assistance of experienced mentors and professionals, as well as a detailed action plan for the 6 months following the program.
Project implementation date: January 2017 – June 2019 (30 months)
- Széchenyi Capital Fund Management Ltd. (Hungary)
- Central Transdanubian Regional Innovation Agency Nonprofit Ltd. (Hungary)
- Association of Small- and Medium Size Enterprises of Covasna County ASIMCOV (Romania)
- Technology Park Ljubljana Ltd. (Slovenia)
- Institute for Entrepreneurship Research (Slovenia)
- Technology Center Sofia Ltd. (Bulgaria)
- DEX Innovation Centre (Czech Republic)
- FH JOANNEUM GESELLSCHAFT M.B.H (Austria)
- Development Agency of Serbia (Serbia)
- Republic Agency for the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises (Bosnia and Hercegovina)
- Ministry for National Economy Deputy State Secretariat Responsible for Implementing Economic Development Programs (Hungary)
- Steirische Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft mbH (Austria)
- Slovene Enterprise Fund (Slovenia)
- Croatian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (Croatia)
- Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (Romania)
The official project website:
The project is implemented through the Danube Transnational Programme, with the support of the European Regional Development Fund, co-financed by the European Union and the Hungarian State.
Project co-funded by European Union funds (ERDF, IPA, ENI)